We do everything we reasonably can here at Goucher to make sure our students have the support they need to realize their full potential as scholars, as athletes, and as citizens of this community. When you make a gift to the Blue & Gold Society, you provide the support we need to help them do so. You can choose to earmark your gift to a particular team or program. Teams use these gifts to directly impact the student-athlete experience on that particular team.
An unrestricted gift benefits the athletic department in numerous ways. Unrestricted gifts to the Blue & Gold Society in recent years have been used by the department to:
- Develop the Goucher Athletics Hall of Fame display and touch screen in the Decker Sports & Recreation Center lobby
- Convert a former student work space into a recruiting lounge in the office suite that is used by all of our coaches and teams to host recruits and their families
- Buy specially designed rings for all members of the team and coaching staff of the 2010 and 2012 Landmark Conference men’s lacrosse champions and Zone IV champion equestrian team (with a commitment to buy rings for all teams that win conference championships in the future)
- Convert the former weight room into the Varsity Room, a smart classroom and team meeting space used by teams for film analysis and team meetings
- Purchase signage to support the department’s efforts to brand the Gopher logo
- Purchase giveaway items that can be thrown to the crowds at home games
- Developed and designed the lobby displays for the newly conceived All-Goucher Team and for showcasing each team's captains.
- Tailgates and happy hours during Blue & Gold Weekend
- Purchased a new Toro Workmate golf cart for sports medicine and game operations purposes
When you support the Blue & Gold Society, you are playing an important part in helping our student-athletes and the athletic programs they participate in accomplish their goals – and realize their full potential.
For more information, contact Alison Schiller, the Assistant Director of Annual and Affinity Giving, at (410) 337-6292 or email@example.com.