1. All persons entering the Sports and Recreation Center must have a current Goucher identification card (ID) and must show that ID to the ID checker in the main lobby. Users of the pool should leave their ID with the lifeguard as they sign in to go swimming and can pick it up when they exit. (For guest policies, see below.)
2. In an effort to maintain a safe and secure environment, all areas of the Sports and Recreation Center will be subject to periodic ID checks. Therefore, all users are encouraged to keep their ID card with then at all times (e.g. when playing racquetball, put your card in the secured valuables box inside the court. etc.)
3. It is expected that individuals using our facilities will conduct themselves in a respectful and responsible manner. This means complying with all departmental policies and cooperating with our facility employees.
4. The Sports and Recreation Center (SRC) gym, the Lillian Welsh gym, the SRC multi-purpose room, and all SRC classrooms can be reserved for special event use. Reservations can be made with the Associate Athletic Director, Leonard Trevino, between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at 410-337-6284. To reserve the pool for special events the Aquatic Director, Thomas Till, should be contacted at 410-337-6388.
5. No cleats are to be worn in the Sports and Recreation Center.
6. Only white soled or "court" shoes, not jogging or running shoes are to be worn on the hardwood surfaces in the gym and racquetball courts.
7. Protective eyewear is recommended when playing racquetball or squash.
8. Entry into the Training Room in prohibited during unscheduled times, unless accompanied by a staff member or coach.
9. If you are interested in playing basketball in one of the gyms and you find that the baskets have been raised, please see a building supervisor to have the gym baskets lowered.
10. Any problems or concerns in the Sports and Recreation Center should be reported to the on-duty building supervisor as soon as possible.
11. Any individual having questions or concerns regarding policies, events, employee performance or incidents taking place within the Sports and Recreation Center are asked to contact one of the three individuals during business hours:
Sally Baum, Senior Women's Administrator, 410-337-6389
Geoff Miller, Athletic Director, 410-337-6385
Leonard Trevino, Associate Athletic Director, 410-337-6284
HOURS OF OPERATION
The Sports and Recreation hours for open recreation during the 2007-2008 academic year are as follows:
Monday-Thursday: 12-3 p.m. & 6-10 p.m.
Friday: 12-3 p.m. & 6-9 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 3-6 p.m.
The Pool hours are as follows (Hours are tentative based on the availability of guards. Pool hours are always posted on pool deck):
Monday-Friday 7:30-2:00 pm
Mon & Wed 9:00-10:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 12:00-3:00 p.m.
POOL RULES AND POLICIES
1. Users are asked to sign into the guest book and present an ID when entering the pool area. The ID is left with the lifeguard and should be picked up when the patron exits the pool.
2. The pool may be used only when a lifeguard or instructor is present and on duty. Please obey the lifeguards and instructors at all times as they are there for the safety of all participants.
3. Glass is NOT permitted in the Pool, Patio, Shower, or Locker Room areas.
4. Lockers in the women's and men's locker rooms are available for use. The limited number of lockers in the men's locker room prohibits placing locks on them. No one may use their own lock other than on a temporary, daily basis.
5. Longer than shoulder length hair must be pulled back or placed into a bathing cap.
6. Showers must be taken before entering the pool. All bandages must be removed. No open, weeping sores are allowed in the pool.
7. All food and drink must be confined to the patio area. Please use the trash receptacles outside.
8. No streets shoes are allowed on the deck of the pool.
9. No running is allowed in the pool area. Roughhouse and playing in the pool area (dunking, chicken fights, etc.) will not be tolerated.
10. No ball playing is permitted in the pool area.
11. No diving is permitted.
12. Proper swimming attire is required.
13. The staff of the Goucher College pool is empowered to request members and their guests to leave for flagrant disregard of the rules.
14. Authorized personnel only are permitted in the pool office, guard room, and storage areas.
WEIGHT ROOM POLICIES
The weight room is reserved for student-athletes only from 3:00-6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Student-athletes may also use the weight room at other times when accompanied by a coach or through appointment with the facility coordinator. (To be considered a student-athlete, the individual must be on a Varsity Team during the current semester).
1. Replace all weights after use.
2. No one under 18 years is allowed in the weight room.
3. Shirts and shoes are required in the weight room.
4. No food or drink is allowed in the weight room.
5. No radios allowed in the weight room. Personal walkmans, discmans or mP3 players are ok.
6. No profanity is allowed.
7. For courtesy, please limit aerobic equipment use (i.e. Stairmaster, elliptical, etc.) to 30 minutes while others are waiting.
A member of the Goucher College Community is allowed to bring one guest in to the facility with them under the following conditions:
1. The Goucher Community member must show a current Goucher ID.
2. The guest must pay a $10.00 fee. Upon payment of the fee, the guest will receive a guest receipt that must be kept with them at all times. This will allow the building supervisor to identify the guest when doing ID checks in the facility.
3. The guest pass is valid for one day's use only.
4. Any guest giving a receipt pass to anyone else is a violation of the guest policy and will result in the guest(s) being asked to leave the building.
5. Signs explaining this policy are posted at all entrances to our facilities.
POLICY VIOLATION PROCEDURES
1. Anyone found in the Sports and Recreation Center without current Goucher ID or valid guest receipt pass, will be asked to leave the premises. Likewise, any persons who are not student-athletes for the current academic year who are found in the weight room at times other than posted hours will be asked to leave.
2. If an individual is found in the building again, on the same day or any subsequent day, without current Goucher ID or guest receipt, that person will be reported to the Office of Safety and Security or to the Office of Residence Life as having violated the student Code of Conduct.
3. Any disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Individuals displaying disruptive behavior will be asked to leave the premises immediately. The matter will be referred to the Director of Athletics who may decide to file a complaint with the Office of Safety and Security or Office of Residence Life.
4. Repeated violations of the Sports and Recreation Center policies will result in a long-term suspension of Sports and Recreation privileges and referral to the Student Judicial Board.
5. Questions or concerns about sanctions can be discussed with either one of the following administrators:
Leonard Trevino, Associate Athletic Director, 410-337-6284