TOWSON, MD – The Goucher College equestrian team was named Zone IV Region I Champion following the 2017 UMBC IHSA Horse show held at Goucher on Sunday afternoon.
The Gophers were the high point team on the day, scoring 40 points. Johns Hopkins University was the reserve high point team with 33 points.
Junior Cary Hundley (Ellicott City, MD) was named the high point rider of the event, placing first in open flat and open fences.
Goucher's Top Performers:
- Senior Alison Radgowski (Northport, NY) placed first in the open flat event.
- Sophomore Alessandra D'Amour (Pennington, NJ) took second place in the intermediate fences.
- First-year Rena DiPaula (Westminster, MD) was the top rider in the novice fences.
- Fellow first-year Annika Field (Clinton, WA) took home a first place finish in the novice fences.
- Senior Sarah Lummis (Westminster, MD) also earned a top spot finish in the novice fences.
- First-year rider, Courtney Sloan (Annandale, VA), was named the top finisher in the novice flat.
- Senior Hannah Woodson (Timonium, MD) placed second in the novice flat event.
- First-year Cherise Madrid (Braintree, MA) finished second in the walk trot.
The Goucher equestrian team returns to action next Saturday when they travel to Gaithersburg, MD for the Zone IV Regions I Championships held at the Other Left Farm at Oatland Stables.