Salisbury, MD - The Goucher Men's Basketball trailed 16-0 in the first half, but rallied to close the gap and only trailed 27-25 at the half. The home Sea Gulls made 10 of 18 three point shots in the second half to pull away from the Gophers with a final of 70-52 on Tuesday night.
Only two Gophers reached double figures. Senior Chris Outing (New Windsor, N.Y.) finished with 11 points and 8 rebounds and fellow classmate Tre Galloway III (Fort Washington, MD) added 13 points and 7 rebounds.
The Sea Gulls were led by Junior Chad Barcikowski who had 18 points and 10 rebounds and Senior Wyatt Smith with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
How It Happened:
· The Gophers committed 21 turnovers, went 3-11 from three point line and 5-12 from the free throw line
· The home Sea Gulls went 15-35 from the three point line and outrebounded the Gophers 43-33. They also outscored the Gophers in second chance points 15-6.
· "I thought we fought back in the first period to cut the lead to two at the half."
· "We made too many mental errors in the second half which Salisbury capitalized and put us away by making 10 three pointers"
· "Salisbury is a very good team and I think we can learn from this loss and improve going forward"
· The Gophers return to action this Friday, November 18 and Saturday, November 19 when they travel to Medaille College in Buffalo, New York to play in the WNY Knee and Orthopedic Surgery Tip-off Tournament. Goucher takes on Baruch College on Friday, November 18 at 6 PM.