FREDRICK, MD. - The Goucher(1-3) Men's Basketball team traveled to Hood College(4-0) tonight and just fell short 59-55. Both teams battled back and forth as neither team led by more than 6 points. The lead changed 9 times and the score was tied 8 times. The Blazers outscored the Gophers 18-3 at the foul line.
The Blazers were led by Ian Eversull's 21 points.
How It Happened:
· The lead changed 17 times and was tied 3 times
· The Blazers had 12 offensive rebounds that led to 9 second chance points and the Gophers only grabbed 4 that resulted in 4 second chance points.
· Both teams committed 20 turnovers but Hood outscored Goucher 20 to 10 points off of the turnovers.
· Hood also outscored Goucher in the paint 26 to 14.
· "We had our chances to win the game tonight, but we hurt ourselves too much with our mistakes"
· "I'm happy with how we competed and responded during a close game, but we need to improve on making the right plays at the right time. Hopefully this experience will allow for us to grow as a team"
· "Hood deserves a lot of credit because they beat us in several areas especially on the offensive glass and converting our turnovers into points."