TOWSON, MD. - The Goucher College Men's Basketball team (2-5) fell at home tonight to Eastern University(2-2). The Eagles held the lead for 37 minutes over the Gophers. Eastern University shot 46% from the field, while Goucher shot only 27% the field. The Eagles captured the lead with 14:17 to go in the first half and held it for the remainder of the game. Goucher was never able to recover from a 31 to 18 half-time deficit.
The Eagles were led by Austin James (17 points) and Shaquan Turk (16 points).
How It Happened:
· Eastern out shot Goucher from the field 46% to 27%.
· The Eagles made 12 three point shots and the Gophers made 5.
· Eastern outscored Goucher 31 to 18 in the first half.
· "Eastern is a very good half court defensive team and I thought they made us play fast on offense, which led to us taking poor and rushed shots. In addition they responded very well on offense by knocking down open three point shots."
· "I thought we played better in the second half than in the first half, but we never settled into our style of basketball."
The Gophers return to action on Wednesday, November 30 as they travel to Division I Towson University. The Gophers will tip-off against the Tigers at 7:00 pm.