WASHINGTON, DC. - The Goucher College (2-8) Men's Basketball traveled to Gallaudet University (6-2) last Friday on December 9th, in a non-conference game. The Bison controlled the lead from the opening tip and led Gophers by 15 at halftime. Gallaudet shot 51% from the field and 41% from the three point line which allowed them to control the tempo of the game. The Gophers were unable to cut the Bison lead to any closer than 9 points in the second half.
The Bison were led by Joshua McGriff (23 points, 10 rebounds & 3 blocks) and Raymond Nelson (23 points, 7 rebounds, 2 steals & 3 assists).
How It Happened:
- Gallaudet out shot Goucher from the field 51% to 42%.
- The Bison outscored the Gophers 31-26 in the paint.
- "Gallaudet did a good job of getting the ball inside to Joshua McGriff and took advantage of his size, but they also stretched our defense by converting from the outside by shooting 41% from the three point line."
- "I thought we played well in the second half again, but we dug a deep hole for ourselves in the first half as we did in our past game. Although, Gallaudet had a lot to do with that as they shot 51%"
- "We must recommit ourselves to the defensive end of the floor because two games in a row teams have shot above 50% against us. In addition we have to take better care of the ball and improve our shot selection, which ultimately will help our defense. We have to improve our focus, so we can execute on both ends of the floor."
- The Gophers return to action on Saturday, December 17, as they host to Stevenson University for non-conference game. Goucher will tip-off at 2:00 pm.