SELINSGROVE, PA – Senior Chris Outing took over second place in all-time blocks at Goucher College in an 84-63 loss to Susquehanna on the road Saturday afternoon.
Outing, who led the Gophers (4-17, Landmark 1-9) with 19 points in the game, passed Predag Durkovic '97 with his 76th career block in the second half Saturday. The senior forward only trails Trae Lindsay '13 with who accumulated 172 blocks in his career.
Fellow senior Tre Galloway III scored 14 points and collected a team-high seven rebounds.
Steven Weidlich led the River Hawks with 32 points and five rebounds. Jason Dietrick chipped in with 18 points and seven rebounds.
How It Happened:
- Goucher took the lead in the early goings, but were overcome by the River Hawks five minutes into the game.
- The Gophers overtook the lead again only minutes later when freshman Justin McIvor drained a shop from three-point range, putting Goucher on top 19-17.
- The Gophers carried a 33-32 lead into the half time break, shooting 44.4% (12-of-27) from the field.
- Goucher held onto the lead six minutes into the second half before relinquishing the advantage to Susquehanna.
- Dietrich nailed a three for the River Hawks with 9:20 to go in the game, and Susquehanna never looked back, taking home its eighth Landmark win of the season, 84-63.
- Goucher shot 38.0% (19-of-50) over the course of the game while the River Hawks shot 47.5% (28-of-59) from the field.
The Gophers return to the Decker SRC Arena on Wednesday to take on Moravian at 7PM. In their first matchup of the season, the Greyhounds pulled out an 84-69 victory.