COLORADO SPRINGS, CO – Goucher College moves to a 3-5 record (Landmark 0-0) after losing to Colorado College 15-7.
Junior Jaryd Hartzell (Nazareth, PA) finished the contest with two goals and one assist, leading the points for the Gophers with three.
Senior Jake Ziegler (Buffalo, NY) had one goal and an assist for the Gophers.
Sophomore Jeremy Buckler (Severna Park, MD) had two goals, a career high.
The Goucher defense was lead by Junior Jack Benziger (Yardley, PA) with two ground balls and two caused turnovers, and Junior Logan Winn (Pleasanton, CA) tallied three groundballs.
Colorado College Senior Austin Davle finished the day with three goals and two assists, leading the Tigers with five points.
The Tiger's goalkeeper, freshman Andrew Hard, had nine saves out of 14 shots.
How It Happened:
- Colorado came out hot in the beginning of the game, scoring 3 goals within the first three minutes. The Tiger's outscored the Gophers 6-1 in the first.
- The Gophers struggled during the second and third quarter, only scoring one goal from Ziegler.
- Colorado scored four goals in the second and three goals in the third, leading the Gophers 13-2 going into the fourth.
- Goucher scored three goals within the first five minutes of the fourth.
- Goucher and Colorado would trade goal for goal during the remainder of the contest.
- The Gophers had 30 groundballs compared to the Tigers' 25.
- Freshman Nicholas Patterson (East Lansin,MI) won 14 face-offs of 26 and had three groundballs for Goucher.
The Gophers travel to Scranton, PA next Saturday, March 25th, to face the Royals at 1pm for their first Landmark conference game of the season.