SCRANTON, PA – Goucher (3-6, Landmark 0-1) lost their first Landmark Conference matchup of the season on the road to the Scranton Royals 8-4.
Sophomore Grant Lasorda (Collegeville, PA), junior Derek Bitzer (Doylestown, PA), and junior Ruel Ellis (Austin, TX) scored goals for Goucher during the second quarter to ramp up the Gophers' scoring. Freshman Andrew Sade (Lewisberry, PA) connected with senior Jake Ziegler (Buffalo, NY) in the third, to round out the scoring for Goucher.
Junior Logan Winn (Pleasanton, CA) caused four turnovers during the contest.
Junior Matt Messerle (Limerick, PA) made 11 saves out of the 19 shots he faced.
Freshman Royal Connor Kirkwood led Scranton in points with three goals against the Gophers.
How It Happened:
- The Royals scored the only goals during the first quarter (two).
- Goucher scored the only goals during the second (three).
- Scranton went on a four-goal run during the third quarter that was eventually slowed with a Goucher goal from Sade.
- Scranton scored their last two goals of the game in the fourth quarter, sealing their first Landmark Conference victory of the season.
- Scranton led Goucher in shots (39-19), groundballs (31-28) and faceoffs (11-of-16).
- The Gophers scored the sole man-up goal of the game.
The Gophers will play at home on Beldon Field next week, playing host to Elizabethtown at 1PM.