Face Offs Won
TOWSON, Md. - The Goucher College men's lacrosse team (3-4 overall) fell to Coast Guard (4-0 overall), 11-4, on Saturday afternoon at Beldon Field.
How It Happened:
- The Gophers took the lead early in the game, as sophomore midfielder Andrew Sade (Lewisberry, Pa.) put Goucher up 1-0 within the first four minutes of play.
- Coast Guard would tie up the game one minute later. After their second goal at 7:22 in the first, the Bears would hold the lead for the remainder of the contest.
- Senior goalkeeper Matt Messerle (Limerick, Pa.) saved 19 shots out of the 29 he faced. The 19-save effort matched a career-high for Messerle, as he last had 19 saves in a game against Elizabethtown in 2016.
- On the offensive end, Sade ended the day with three goals, as fellow midfielder junior Jeremy Buckler (Severna Park, Md.) scored his third goal of the year in the contest, as well.
- Defensively, Goucher held Coast Guard to one goal out of the five man-downs they faced.
Goucher returns to play Wednesday evening as they host Wesley at 7:30 p.m. on Beldon Field.