SELINSGROVE, Pa. – The Goucher College men's lacrosse team (7-6, Landmark 1-2) fell Saturday afternoon to the River Hawks of Susquehanna (10-4, Landmark 4-0), 17-7.
How It Happened:
- Suquehanna jumped out to an early lead, scoring within the first minute of play.
- The River Hawks would score four goals before Goucher got on the board, late in the first quarter. Tucker Corrigan (Avon, Conn.) found the back of the net on an extra-man opportunity.
- Andrew Sade (York, Pa.) scored his first goal to open up the second quarter.
- Goucher and Susquehanna would go back and forth in scoring for most of the second quarter, leaving the score at 6-4 with 2:33 remaining.
- Susquehanna's Alec Tzaneteas scored two quick goals before the end of the period, putting the River Hawks up 8-4. Tzaneteas scored a total of five goals against the Gophers.
- To open up the third quarter, Goucher scored three goals within the first five minutes, while Susquehanna scored one, putting the score at 9-7 in favor of the River Hawks. Goucher's three goals came from Sade, Pierce Bailey (Miami, Fl.) and Matt Woodson (Timonium, Md.).
- Susquehanna held the Gophers scoreless for the remainder of the game.
Goucher hosts Catholic in Landmark Conference action on Wednesday afternoon at 4 p.m. on Beldon Field.