CARLISLE, PA – Freshman Ogemdi Chukwu continued to storm the Goucher College men's indoor track & field record book, setting a new standard in the 55-meter hurdles with a time of 8.20.
Chukwu's performance occurred in the preliminary heat and earned him a first place finish. However, he finished eighth in the finals.
Goucher's Top Performers:
- Sophomore Miles Taylor followed suit and ran a time of 8.36 in the 55-meter hurdles final, placing third in the heat. The mark ranks second all-time at Goucher College.
- In addition to his record-breaking performance, Chukwu turned in an eighth place finish in the long jump with a 5.97-meter jump.
- Freshman Xavier Coggeshall placed ninth in the 400-meter dash with a time of 54.93.
- The relay team of Chukwu, Coggeshall, Taylor and freshman Gunther Wallach came in sixth in the 4x200, turning in a time of 1:42.76.
- "We were looking for some major breakthroughs after being back in action for three to four weeks since break."
- "We had some outstanding performances out of a very young team with some people competing for the first time this season. This sets us up nicely heading into Susquehanna next weekend, and we are looking forward to heading into the Landmark Conference Championships."
Next weekend the Gophers travel to Susquehanna before returning to the same venue to take on the Landmark Conference Championships on February 25th.