TOWSON, MD –The Goucher women's basketball team (4-8, Landmark 0-1) fell to Penn-State Harrisburg, 76-68, despite rallying back in the fourth quarter.
Freshman Shalom Omo-Osagie scored a career-high 13 points in the fourth quarter alone to spur a 32-16 run over the 10-minute period. Junior Briana Bull netted a game-high 26 points in the game while senior Jaida Scarborough chipped in with 15 points. Freshman Katie Pacak collected 11 rebounds in the game.
The Lions were led by senior Kaitlyn Carmo with 23 points and seven rebounds. Freshman Raven Ransom accumulated 13 rebounds for Penn-State Harrisburg.
How It Happened:
- Penn State opened the game on an 11-4 run over the Gophers.
- The Lions boasted a 22-16 lead at the end of the first stanza.
- Penn State increased its lead in the second quarter, outscoring Goucher 23-9 to carry a 45-25 lead into the intermission.
- Bull scored eight of Goucher's 11 points in the third quarter, and the Gophers trailed 60-36.
- The Gophers outscored the Lions 32-16 in the final quarter, but it was not enough to overcome the staunch deficit in the end.
- Penn State held on, hitting 4-of-4 free throws in the final 28 seconds to earn a 76-68 win.
- Penn State shot 42.0% (29-of-69) from the field compared to Goucher's 37.5% (27-of-72).
- Goucher held the advantage in free throw shooting, hitting 70.0% (14-of-20) compared to the Lions' 48.3% (14-of-29).
- The Gophers took advantage of points off turnovers, edging Penn-State Harrisburg 22-13 over the course of the game.
"I was pleased with our play in the fourth quarter. We played with a lot of heart, but unfortunately, it's about playing four full quarters with heart, not just one."
The Gophers travel to Madison, NJ to take on the Drew Rangers Saturday, January 7th for the 21st matchup between to the two squads. Tip-off is at 2PM. Drew currently holds the advantage in the series 15-5 all-time. However, in their final meeting in the 2015-16 season, the Gophers held onto a 62-61 win.