TOWSON, MD – The Goucher College women's basketball team (4-18, Landmark 0-12) was bested by Elizabethtown College at home Saturday afternoon during senior day.
Senior Jaida Scarborough scored 10 points while accumulating two rebounds and two assists in the game.
Elizabethtown was led by senior Emily Martin freshman Mikayla Ruth with 20 points and 10 points, respectively.
How it happened:
- Goucher and the Blue Jays jostled back and forth in the first quarter but E-Town edged the Gophers 13-12 after 10 minutes of play.
- The Blue Jays tacked on to their lead in the second quarter, outscoring Goucher 15-8 and carrying a 28-20 lead into the intermission.
- E-Town expanded the lead again in the third and had a 44-32 lead heading into the final stanza.
- The Gophers scored 17 points in the fourth quarter, but it was not enough to overcome the deficit ahead of them. The Blue Jays held a 63-49 lead as the final horn sounded.
- Elizabethtown capitalized on Goucher's 18 turnovers, translating them into 22 points on the other end of the court.
- The shooting was tight with the Blue Jays converting on 32.4% (23-of-71) of their shots and Goucher hitting 32.8% (21-of-64) of their shots.
Next on the docket for the Gophers is Juniata at home Wednesday, February 15th at 7PM. In their first matchup of the season, Goucher fell to the Eagles 79-60 on the road.