BETHLEHEM, Pa. – The Goucher College outdoor track & field team participated in the second day of the Greyhound Invitational at Moravian College on Saturday.
Sophomore Lexi Stewart (Laurel, Md.) paced the Gophers in the meet, taking home three top-fifteen finishes. Her top performance on the day was a seventh place finish in the 200m dash. The sophomore had a personal best in the event with a time of 26.32 which marks third-best in Goucher women's outdoor track & field history.
Goucher's Top Performances:
- Freshman Ogemdi Chukwu (Paris, France) took eighth place in the 110 hurdles with a time of 17.15 during the prelims on Saturday. He scratched from the finals, not registering a time.
- Stewart posted an 11th place finish in the 100m dash with a time of 13.20. She followed that performance up with a 13th place finish in the long jump, hitting a distance of 4.83m.
- Junior Soliana Goldrich (Austin, Texas) had two personal bests on the day in the 1500m run and the 800m run. She ran a time of 5:10.88 in the 1500m, surpassing her personal record of 5:25.16 at the 16th Annual Goucher College Track & Field Classic. She also shaved off three seconds from her previous personal best in the 800m (2:41.84) with a time of 2:38.75.
- First-year Victoria Wheeler (Kinnelon, N.J.) posted a time of 1:15.14 in the 400m hurdles – shattering her previous best of 1:20.81. The mark is third-best in the Landmark Conference for the event.
- Fellow first-year Anna Gallina (Whitehall, Pa.) also has a personal record performance in the 400m dash with a time of 1:04.30.
- Freshman Jason Higginbotham (Brunswick, Me.) destroyed his personal best in the 10,000m run with a time of 37:08.10. His previous mark was 38:15.92 set at the Goucher Track & Field Classic in 2017.
Top Friday Performances:
- Freshman Darby Bauer (Perkiomenville, Pa.) took 23rd in the hammer throw with a distance of 26.62 meters.
- First-year Taylor Gunter (Laurel, Md.) had two top-twenty finishes on Friday, taking 16th in the shot and 18th in the hammer throw. Her throw of 10.19m in the shot put broke her outdoor record that she set at the Battleground Relays last week (10.15m). She also tossed a distance of 27.24m in the hammer throw for the Gophers.
- First-year Natalie Kent (Media, Pa.) set a personal best in the shot put. Kent's previous outdoor personal best came during the 16th Annual Goucher College Classic with a distance of 10.94m. However, Friday evening in Bethlehem, Pa. she topped the throw with a distance of 11.00m. Her career-best still stands at 11.14 meters – a mark she set during the indoor track & field season.
- Freshman Brandon Julot (Baltimore, Md.) also set a new personal best in the shot put. Julot's previous outdoor record was 9.87 meters, but he surpassed it by .05m on Friday with a distance of 9.92m. His career-best is also from the indoor season, throwing a distance of 10.43m.
The Gophers head to Gettysburg College for the Mason Dixon Invitational next Saturday.