On April 27th, the Goucher College Department of Athletics will enshrine four new inductees to the Athletics Hall of Fame.
Joining Goucher's Athletics Hall of Fame will be: former field hockey and lacrosse head coach Andrea Bradley (1991-95), Cathy Challener (basketball, field hockey, and lacrosse, '73) Dawn Greer (field hockey, '97), and Matt Lynch (men's lacrosse, '13).
- Led the Goucher field hockey program to their greatest run of success in program history in her four years on-campus. Bradley built the Gophers from a team with a small roster in 1991, to a squad that went 15-4-1 in 1994 and won the CAC Championship, on their way to earning a bid to the NCAA Tournament for the first time.
- Also coached lacrosse for four seasons (1992-95). Gophers went 14-1 in her final year at the helm of the program (1995) and won the CAC Championship.
- The NCAA Division III South Region Coach of the Year in 1992, Bradley left Goucher for Iowa in 1995, where as an assistant, the Hawkeyes won two Big Ten Championships. After a four-year stint at Maryland as an assistant (where the Terrapins won the NCAA Division I national title in 1999), Bradley took over the head coaching job at Richmond.
- After a successful six-year stint at Richmond (2001-2006) where she won two Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year awards and led the Spiders to five straight Atlantic 10 titles, Bradley was named the head coach at Syracuse in 2007. She will enter her 12th season as the head coach of the Orange in 2018.
- At Syracuse, she has led her team to the NCAA Tournament in 10 straight seasons, culminating with a National Championship in 2015, the first for a women's team at Syracuse in school history. She's also been named the NFHCA National Coach of the Year twice (2008 and 2015), Big East Coach of the Year four times and ACC Coach of the Year once.
- A three-sport athlete at Goucher in the early 1970s, participating in basketball, lacrosse and field hockey.
- Was eventually named team captain or co-captain for all three teams.
- Earned Southeast Regional Team honors in lacrosse and was named to the Maryland All-College Hockey Squad twice. Played in Nationals in women's lacrosse as a senior.
- Starting goalie from 1993-96 who still holds some of the program's all-time records Started on back-to-back CAC Championship teams in 1994 and 1995, as she played in the NCAA Tournament in both seasons.
- An All-CAC First Team selection in 1994 and a second-team pick in 1993 and 1996.
- All-South Second Team pick in 1995.
- Holds school records in the following categories all-time: shutouts in a season (12), career shutouts (29), saves in a season (283), career saves (801), save percentage for a season (.930), save percentage for a career (.890).
- A three-time All-Landmark Conference First Team selection at midfield, who led the Gophers to a pair of Landmark Conference titles in 2010 and 2012. Both teams advanced to the NCAA Tournament, as the 2012 squad won their First Round game, a 5-4 decision over Washington College.
- Earned Third Team USILA All-American honors in 2012. Was an Honorable Mention All-American in both 2010 and 2011.
- Was named to the Landmark Conference's All-Decade Team in 2017.
- Earned CoSIDA Academic All-American Third Team Honors in 2012, as well as CoSIDA All-District First Team accolades the same season.
- Holds the school record for season assists (39 in 2012) while he sits second in career assists (103) and fourth in points (220). In all, he scored 117 goals, dished out 103 assists, collected 198 ground balls and caused 35 turnovers.
Bradley, Challener, Greer, and Lynch will be inducted into the Goucher College Athletics Hall of Fame on April 27th as a part of Blue and Gold Weekend. The ceremony will be held inside the Athenaeum on campus and will begin at 6:30 p.m.
To learn more about the Goucher College Hall of Fame Inductees, a permanent interactive display of the Hall of Fame is located in the lobby of the Decker Sports & Recreation Center.
To be inducted into the Goucher College Athletics Hall of Fame, an individual must have participated in at least two full seasons of intercollegiate competition, been in good academic standing, graduated at least five years prior to the nomination date, and been a "truly distinguished performer in his/her sport." Coaches, trainers, managers, administrators, and others who have made outstanding contributions or offered extraordinary service to athletics at Goucher are also eligible.
To RSVP for the 2018 Goucher Athletics Hall of Fame Ceremony - along with any other event during Blue and Gold Weekend - click here.