BUFFALO, NY. - The Goucher Men's Basketball team trailed Utica 36-21 with 4:03 in the 1st half. The Gophers then outscored the Pioneers 25-9 over the next 12 minutes to take their first lead of the game 46-45 with 12:10 in the second half. Goucher shot 100% from the free throw line and 50% from the three point line. Goucher also shot 42% from the field on Saturday afternoon.
Three Gophers reached double figures. Senior Jesse Mondry led Goucher in scoring with 19 points. Junior Elliott Wiley contributed 16 points and 8 rebounds and Senior Chris Outing finished with 11 points 6 rebounds.
The Pioneers were led by Ivon Iton with 24 points and 8 rebounds.
How It Happened:
· The lead changed 17 times and was tied 3 times
· The Gophers shot 100% (13-13) from the free throw line and 50% from the three point line. Goucher shot 42% from the floor and outscored the Pioneers 20 to 14 in the paint.
· Utica shot 38.9% from the field.
· "I'm proud how our team fought back from the 15 point deficit, which is very encouraging because In our previous two losses we had difficulty executing in the second half"
· "I like the the way we handled ourselves and executed on both ends of the floor during the last 5 minutes of the second half"
· "It was a back and forth battle during the last 5 minutes as neither team had more than a 3 point lead and I think the lead changed seven times and was tied twice "
· The Gophers return to action this Tuesday, November 22 at Hood College. The Gophers will tip-off against the Blazers at 7:00 pm