TOWSON, Md. — Jessica Borucki (Westminster, Md./North Carroll) and Jojo Franklin (Denver, Colo./Kent Denver School) led the charge for Goucher as the duo combined for nine goals en route to a 16-5 victory over Notre Dame (Md.) this afternoon.
- The Gophers (6-4) took a 3-0 lead within the first six minutes of action as Franklin notched two goals, of her four total, and Dani McCreary (Upper Marlboro, Md./Bishop McNamara) added another.
- After Megan Morales got the Gators (2-4) on the board by converting a free-position shot, Ceri Miller's squad scored the next seven goals of the contest. Borucki contributed two of her five during this stretch, while Franklin added two of her own. The Gophers took a 10-1 lead into the break.
- Kaitlyn Walter and Morales accounted for three of Notre Dame's four goals in the second half.
- Goucher tallied six goals in the final 30 minutes of play, with three coming from Borucki. Stefi Perry (Houston, Texas/Klein) tallied two goals, while Sophie Smith (Lawrenceville, N.J./Madison) added one.
- Kat Carnevale (Portland, Ore./St. Mary's Academy) led the Gophers on defense with four caused turnovers. Lauren Pirrung (New Windsor, Md./Francis Scott Key) and Franklin contributed two a piece.
Goucher returns to Landmark Conference play on Saturday when it travels to Scranton, Pa. to face the Royals. The opening draw is set for 1 p.m.