TOWSON, MD. - The Goucher College(2-5) Men's Basketball traveled across town tonight to face Division I Towson University(4-3) in an exhibition game. The Tigers controlled the lead from the opening tip, but the Gophers cut the lead to 4 (20-16) with 6:44 remaining in the first half. Towson then went on a 26-6 run to take control of the game and lead Goucher 46-22 at the half. The Tigers shot 57% from the floor and 46% from the three point line for the game.
The Tigers were led by Dennis Tunstall with 16 points and 11 rebounds.
How It Happened:
- Towson out shot Goucher from the field by a considerable margin, 57% to 27%.
- The Tigers made 7 three point shots and the Gophers made 6 , but the Tigers outscored the Gophers 48 – 8 in the paint
- Towson converted Goucher's 21 turnovers into 30 points.
- "Towson took advantage of their size and strength by dominating us in the paint and on the boards, but they also shot well from the 3 point line. The combination of those two factors made it difficult for us tonight"
- "I thought we played well at times and it definitely was a good learning experience and will help us prepare for conference play"
- The Gophers return to action on Saturday, December 3, as they open Landmark Conference play at home against Susquehanna University. Goucher will tip-off at 4:00 pm.