ELIZABETHTOWN, PA – Three upperclassmen led the Goucher men's basketball team (4-13, LC 1-5) Saturday afternoon in a 70-62 loss on the road to Elizabethtown.
Outing barely missed a double-double, leading the team with nine rebounds. In addition to cleaning the boards, he chalked up two assists and two blocks.
Senior John Eden led the Blue Jays with 23 points – a game high. Eden also pulled in a team-high nine rebounds in the game. Fellow seniors Matt Lapkowicz and Peter Harding scored 14 points each for E-town.
How It Happened:
- Elizabethtown fell behind early, before knotting the game up 8-8 with 13:20 to go in the first period.
- Goucher pulled away again before the Blue Jays wiped away the advantage and tied the game with four minutes left in the half.
- The remainder of the first half was a battle for supremacy that neither team could maintain and ended with Goucher on top, 30-29.
- Elizabethtown opened the second half on an 8-0 run earning a 37-30 lead, before the Gophers tied the game at 42 with 13:56 remaining in the second half.
- Freshman Dwayne Morton brought Goucher within two, 62-60, with 1:54 to go in the game before the Blue Jays rattled off eight points to secure the win, 70-62.
- The Gophers shot 49.0% (24-of-49) while holding the Blue Jays to 43.3% (26-of-60) shooting.
"We can't miss layups, critical free throws and also turn the ball over 19 times and expect to give ourselves a chance to win, especially on the road."
Goucher travels to Moravian College on Wednesday to take on the Grey Hounds at 7PM. In 18 meetings, the Gophers have won eight games. Their most recent win (95-88) was their last meeting during the 2015-16 campaign.