BETHLEHEM, PA – Senior Chris Outing surpassed a career-high in scoring with 26 points in an 84-69 loss to Moravian on the road Wednesday evening.
The senior forward's previous record was 25 points; a mark he set against Drew University on December 14th, 2014. Outing also collected seven rebounds in the game.
Fellow senior Jesse Mondry also set a new personal standard with 13 rebounds in the game. His previous personal-best was 10 rebounds against Ferrum during his freshman campaign (11/28/13).
Senior Tre Galloway III amassed 16 points, four rebounds and three assists in the loss.
The Greyhounds were led by senior Brandon McGuire along with two sophomores, Oneil Holder and Jimmy Murray, with fourteen points each. Holder paced Moravian with 10 rebounds.
How It Happened:
- Goucher (4-14, Landmark 1-6) came out hot, gathering a 10-0 lead over Moravian only four minutes into the game.
- Moravian fought back tying the score 14-14.
- It wasn't until the six-minute mark that the Greyhounds took their first lead of the game at 27-25.
- Moravian then went on a nine-point run and continued with that momentum to end the half with a 42-29 lead.
- Goucher came out strong in the 2nd half, exchanging shots with Moravian and cutting down the lead 57-43.
- The Greyhounds continued to control the momentum and the ball the remainder of the contest, ultimately defeating the Gophers, 84-69.
- The Gophers shot 52.7% (29-of-55) while holding Moravian to 41.6% (32-of-77) shooting.
- Goucher held an advantage with 46 points in the paint compared to the Greyhounds' 36 points.
"I thought we played with a lot of effort. We shot almost 53% from the field and held them to 42%, which should be enough to win. Unfortunately, we gave them 29 points on 23 turnovers, which negates everything else because taking care of the ball has the biggest impact on the result of the game."
The Gophers will host the Drew University Rangers this Saturday, January 28th, at 4PM in the Decker SRC Arena. Goucher will be raffling off a 50" HDTV donated by Crossfit WSA.