TOWSON, Md. — After going 75 straight games without scoring as many as eight goals in one 15-minute quarter, Goucher erupted for eight goals in the second period and eight more in the third on the way to a 22-14 triumph over Moravian this afternoon before a sun-drenched Gopher Stadium crowd of 285.
- Michael Morgan (Austin, Texas/Westwood) and Mason Gorman (Boise, Idaho/Eagle) both contributed five goals to the victory. With his five-goal performance, Morgan moved into the team lead in goals scored this season with 30, one in front of Owen Demmerly (Medford, N.J./Shawnee), who supplied the Gophers (8-5) with two goals and four assists against the Greyhounds (10-3).
- An eight-goal run by the Gophers that started with Morgan's first goal with 3:04 remaining in the first quarter turned a one-goal deficit into a 9-2 advantage for the home team.
- Derek Bitzer (Doylestown, Pa./LaSalle College) scored three times. After sticking a pair of even-strength goals, the sophomore midfielder tallied an unassisted extra-man goal in the fourth quarter.
- Andrew Schwartz (San Antonio, Texas/St. Mary's Hall) won a career-high 21 of the 31 faceoffs he handled. He also collected 12 ground balls, the most by a Goucher player since Nick LaBricciosa hauled in 13 ground balls against Susquehanna on April 24, 2009.
- Moravian was only 1-for-6 on extra-man opportunities, but the Greyhounds tallied three man-down goals.
The Gophers pay a visit to Selinsgrove, Pa. next Saturday to take on Susquehanna in a Landmark Conference game scheduled to begin at 1 p.m.