Posted: Nov 19, 2016
Lebanon, PA.- The Gophers looked to rebound in conference standings but the Royals dominated, taking all 13 events with 1st place performances.
· David Merworth (Fort Worth, TX), Joey Hughes (Fort Worth, TX), Jerel McCord (Ft. Wayne, IN), Blake Rhodes (Saint Charles, MO) touched 2nd in the 200 Medley Relay (2:03.05).
· Senior Ben Shriner (Arlington, Ma./Arlington), started the Gophers run by winning the 1000 Free (10:02.71).
· Merworth continued to add to the Gophers lead by winning the 200 Free (2:12.87) as Eli Gang (Highland Park, NJ) takes 3rd (2:25.74).
· Rhodes was victorious in the 50 Freestyle today (:26.06) and Luke Hall (Gainesville, FL) touched the wall 3rd (:30.53).
· With the strongest performance swims of the night- Jacy MacConvery (Lilburn, GA) (2:32.89), Hughes (2:42.86), Andrew Rowland (2:49.63) sweep the Dutchman in the 200IM.
· MacConvery finished second in the 200 Fly (2:23.40).
· Rhodes brought home another victory in the 100 Free (:58.42) and Hall nabbed 3rd(1:09.63).
· Merworth swam to 1st in the 200 Back (2:30.13) and Hughes finished close behind with a 3rd place (2:39.07).
· Shriner repeats as champion, swimming the 400 Free (4.49.62) and Gopher team member Gang was good enough for 3rd (5:17.62).
· MacConvery was handed a 2nd place as he finished the 200 Breaststroke (2:50.84) in the last individual event of the night.
· To complete the evenings top performances, the Gophers, win the 200 Free Relay with McCord, Gang, Rowland, Shriner (1:51.17).
This put the Gophers 2-4 for the season. The Gophers jump back in the pool tomorrow, November 19th away at Catholic University of America, DC at 1pm.
Goucher College 118 University of Scranton 72