BETHLEHEM, Pa. — Goucher didn't beat Moravian one time during the Landmark Conference's first seven years of competition, but today the Gophers defeated the Greyhounds for the third straight time, winning 8-1.
- Goucher pulled off a sweep of the three doubles matches for the 10th time in 2015-16. At No. 1, Joey Caracappa (Smithtown, N.Y./Saddlebrook Preparatory School) and Seth Hoesman (Ellicott City, Md./Howard) pulled out a 9-7 victory over Matt Tuorto and John Wylie.
- The Gophers (11-4, 3-0 Landmark) didn't lose a set in any of the five singles matches they won. Caracappa handled Tuorto at No. 1, coming out on top 6-0, 6-4, and Jack Hodges (London, England / Shrewsbury School) disposed of Wylie 6-2, 6-3 at No. 2.
- Hoesman gained his team-high 14th singles win of the season by downing Giovanni Lombardi 6-2, 6-3 at No. 3.
- Elliot Diehl (York, Pa./York Suburban) polished off C.J. Widdifield 6-2, 6-4 at No. 4; Midori Fujitani (Tokyo, Japan/International School Bangkok) was a 6-0, 6-1 winner over David Wilson at No. 5.
- The Gophers, who are 65-23 in singles play this season, beat the Greyhounds (6-4, 0-2 Landmark) in 2014-15 for the first time since the formation of the Landmark Conference, once during the regular season and then again in the Landmark Conference semifinals.
Goucher will look to remain undefeated in the Landmark Conference in 2015-16 when it battles Drew tomorrow afternoon in Madison, N.J.