MADISON, N.J. — Goucher extended its winning streak to six matches and remained undefeated in the Landmark Conference by pinning a 9-0 setback on Drew this afternoon.
- Jack Hodges (London, England/Shrewsbury School) picked up his sixth win at No. 1 singles and 10th overall in singles play in 2015-16 by disposing of Drew's Adam Clark 6-3, 7-6 (4). He and Midori Fujitani (Tokyo, Japan/International School Bangkok), who defeated Chris Morville 6-0, 6-1 at fourth singles, registered an 8-0 victory at No. 2 doubles over Nick Lantieri and Cole Leckburg.
- Seth Hoesman (Ellicott City, Md./Howard) secured a point for the Gophers (12-4, 4-0 Landmark) by knocking off Will Morrison 6-3, 7-6 (3) at No. 2 for his team-high 15th singles win of the season. Hoesman and Joey Caracappa (Smithtown, N.Y./Saddlebrook Preparatory School) improved to 7-2 at No. 1 doubles with an 8-1 triumph over Clark and Morrison.
- Elliot Diehl (York, Pa./York Suburban) and Josiah Meekins (Trenton, N.J./Princeton Day School) were victorious at No. 3 doubles, beating Chris Thompson and Daniel Melchiorre, 8-1. Both were also in Goucher's singles lineup: Diehl topped Lantieri, 6-3, 6-0 at No. 3 and Meekins, who was at No. 6, stomped Melchiorre 6-0, 6-2.
- The Rangers (3-6, 0-2 Landmark) sent out Thompson at No. 5 singles where Josh Goldberg (Centreville, Md./Queen Anne's County) was waiting for the Gophers. Goldberg came out on top 6-0, 6-4.
- The match was moved indoors to the Simon Forum and Athletic Center due to cold temperatures and high winds in the forecast.
The Gophers, who are 7-0 at home in 2015-16, begin a three-match homestand next Saturday against Scranton. The match is set to get under way at 1 p.m.