BALTIMORE, Md. — Goucher will go into tomorrow's match against Juniata, the defending Landmark Conference champion, on a seven-match winning streak after turning back Scranton, 8-1, tonight.
- A 9-7 victory by Josiah Meekins (Trenton, N.J./Princeton Day School) and Elliot Diehl (York, Pa./York Suburban) over Michael O'Malley and Christian Asku at No. 3 completed a sweep of the three doubles matches by head coach Brendan Kincaid's squad. The Gophers are 15-0 in doubles play against Landmark Conference opponents so far in 2015-16.
- A 6-2, 6-1 win by Joey Caracappa (Smithtown, N.Y./Saddlebrook Preparatory School) over Alexander Ochalski at first singles provided Goucher with a 4-0 lead and Jack Hodges (London, England/Shrewsbury School) earned the decisive fifth point when he put the finishing touches on his 6-1, 6-4 triumph over Keller McGurrin at No. 2.
- Seth Hoesman (Ellicott City, Md./Howard) won his 13th consecutive singles match by downing Matt Prendergast 6-2, 6-1 at No. 3. The senior is 16-1 in singles competition this season.
- Also victorious in singles play for the Gophers (13-4, 5-0 Landmark) were Diehl at No. 4 and Midori Fujitani (Tokyo, Japan/International School Bangkok) at No. 5. Diehl knocked off David Commender 6-0, 6-1; Fujitani was a 6-2, 6-2 winner over Brian Harkins at No. 5.
- The Royals (1-7, 0-1 Landmark) picked up their only point with a straight-sets win at sixth singles.
- The match was moved indoors to the Bare Hills Racquet & Fitness Club due to the forecasted precipitation and slightly above-freezing temperatures.
The Gophers and Eagles square off beginning at 1 p.m. Sunday on Goucher's outdoor tennis courts.