SALISBURY, MD – The Goucher College men's tennis team was swept by the Salisbury Seagulls, 9-0, in the Gophers' second match of the day at Salisbury University.
Goucher was unable to grab any points in the match, despite playing the Seagulls closely on multiple occasions.
How It Happened:
- · The match lasted nearly five hours with tough battles occurring at second doubles, third doubles, third singles, fifth singles and sixth singles.
- · The doubles team of Midori Fujitani (Tokyo, Japan) and sophomore Josiah Meekins (Trenton, NJ) played Garrett Malave and Andrew Rainger to a 9-7 loss at No. 3 doubles.
- · Freshman Frankie Mullinix (Washington, DC) played Grant Hudson into the third set, 6-2, 4-6, 10-7.
- · Sophomore Elliot Diehl (York, PA) took home the first set at fifth singles 4-6, but dropped the next two, 6-4 and 10-7.
- · Fujitani dominated in the first set versus William Niessner, 2-6, but Niessner battled back to take the second and third sets, 6-3 and 10-6, respectively.
The Gophers bounce back against Virginia Wesleyan Sunday at 5PM at Salisbury University.