BALTIMORE, Md. – Slade Dumas (Great Falls, Va./Dominion) closed out a perfect week with victories in singles and doubles to end the week a combined 10-0 in a 9-0 victory against Ursinus College in non-conference men's tennis action on Sunday.
Dumas teamed up with Omosesan Adebamgbe (Philadelphia, Pa./ Lower Merion) at No. 3 doubles and won 8-2. The junior then won his second match of the week at No. 4 singles 6-3, 6-1. Dumas and Adebamgbe went 5-0 in the week as a doubles tandem including three wins against teams that participated in the NCAA Division III Tournament last season. The junior went 3-0 in the No. 5 singles spot against those teams and then moved up to No. 4 singles in his last two matches to go 2-0.
Tetsuya Ota (Wesley Chapel, Fla./Saddlebrook Prep) and Michael Herman (Prague, Czech Republic/Gymnazium Nova Porg) won at No. 1 doubles 8-5 while Ota took a 6-1, 6-1 decision at No. 1 singles and Herman won 6-2, 7-5 at No. 2 singles.
Frankie Mullinix (Washington, D.C./The George School) and Elliot Diehl (York, Pa./York Suburban) took an 8-2 match at No. 2 doubles. Mullinix then won at No. 3 singles in a three-set match 3-6, 6-1, 10-4 while Diehl won at No. 6 singles 6-1, 6-0.
Brian Kane (Philadelphia, Pa./Friends Select) earned a win at No. 5 singles, 6-2, 6-2.
The three-time defending Landmark Conference champions begin its quest for No. 4 when league play starts on Saturday at home against Drew. Match time is 1 p.m.
1. (GC) Tetsuya Ota/Michael Herman defeats Mason Groff/Matt Fontanese, 8-5
2. (GC) Frankie Mullinix/Elliot Diehl defeats (UC) C. DeFaberSchumacher/Simbarashe Kanjanda, 8-2
3. (GC) Omosesan Adebamgbe/Slade Dumas defeats (UC) Jake Lachowicz/Kyle Bookman, 8-2
1. (GC) Tetsuya Ota defeats (UC) Mason Groff, 6-1, 6-1
2. (GC) Michael Herman defeats (UC) C. DeFaberSchumacjer, 6-2, 7-5
3. (GC) Frankie Mullinix defeats (UC) Matt Fontanese, 3-6, 6-1, 10-4
4. (GC) Slade Dumas defeats (UC) Simbarashe Kanjanda, 6-3, 6-1
5. (GC) Brian Kane defeats (UC) Jake Lachowicz, 6-2, 6-2
6. (GC) Elliot Diehl defeats (UC), Kyle Bookman, 6-1, 6-0