BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Goucher College improved to 4-0 in Landmark Conference action after taking its second match of the weekend by a 9-0 score against Moravian College in men's tennis action on Sunday.
The three doubles teams only gave up one points on their way to a 3-0 lead.
Tetsuya Ota (Wesley Chapel, Fla./Saddlebrook Prep), the current Landmark Conference Player of the Week, teamed up with Josiah Meekins (Trenton, N.J./Princeton Day School) at No. 1 doubles for a 8-1 win. Elliot Diehl (York, Pa./York Suburban) and Frankie Mullinix (Washington, D.C./The George School) moved back to their accustomed No. 2 doubles spot for an 8-1 win while Omosesan Adebamgbe (Philadelphia, Pa./Lower Merion) and Slade Dumas (Great Falls, Va./Dominion) took care of business at No. 3 doubles, 8-0.
Ota won 6-0,6-0 at No. 1 singles while Mullinix improved to 2-0 on the weekend at the No. 2 singles spot with a 6-4, 6-4 victory. Dumas earned a 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 3 singles while Brian Kane (Philadelphia, Pa./Friends Select) dispatched his opponent 6-1, 6-0 at No. 4 singles. Diehl earned a 6-3, 6-0 win at No. 5 singles and Meekins completed the 9-0 win with a 6-1, 6-0 win at No. 6 singles.
Goucher returns to action on Wednesday at Catholic. Match time is 3 p.m.
1. Josiah Meekins/Tetsuya Ota (GC) def. Daniel Salimnejad/Isaac Schefer (MC) 8-0
2. Elliot Diehl/Frankie Mullinix (GC) def. Chris Csencsits/Peter Demyan (MC) 8-1
3. Omosesan Adebamgbe/Slade Dumas (GC) def. Neil Guarino/Sean Kearns (MC) 8-0
1. Tetsuya Ota (GC) def. Peter Demyan (MC) 6-0, 6-0
2. Frankie Mullinix (GC) def. Isaac Schefer (MC) 6-4, 6-4
3. Slade Dumas (GC) def. Daniel Salimnejad (MC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Brian Kane (GC) def. Austin Grace (MC) 6-1, 6-0
5. Elliot Diehl (GC) def. Mason Hudnall (MC) 6-3, 6-0
6. Josiah Meekins (GC) def. Sean Kearns (MC) 6-1, 6-0