SELINSGROVE, PA – The Goucher College men's track & field team finished 6th at the Landmark Conference Indoor Track & Field Championships on Saturday with a score of 22 points.
Sophomore Ryan Floyd broke the school record in the long jump with a length of 6.44m, during his Goucher College track & field debut. He finished fifth overall in the event.
Goucher's Top Performances:
- Freshman Ogemdi Chukwu continued to threaten the top of the podium in the 60 hurdles with a time of 8.91, finishing second in the race and earning his first Landmark Conference silver medal. Prior to finishing second overall, Chukwu broke his own school record in the prelims with a time of 8.66.
- The 4x200 relay of Chukwu, Xavier Coggeshall, Gunther Wallach and Miles Taylor also took silver, earning the Gophers eight points with time of 1:35.54, a Goucher College record.
- Taylor added a sixth place finish in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 9.40.
- Wallach finished eighth in the 400-meter dash (53.81).
- Freshman Darby Bauer finished eighth and tenth in the weight throw (11.13m) and shot put (10.82), respectively.
"We grew up today. Many of our guys weren't healthy coming into the championships, so we had plenty of guys step up and fill in where we needed them. This was our midterm for the season, and I believe we passed."
The men's track & field team trains over the next couple weeks before transitioning to the outdoor season on March 18th when they travel to the University of Mary Washington College Meet.