TOWSON, MD – The Goucher College men's track & field team took seventh of nine teams at the 16th Annual Goucher Track & Field Classic in Towson, MD on Saturday.
The Gophers scored 38 points at home in the meet. Stevenson won the meet with 171 points, holding a commanding lead over second placed, Baldwin Wallace, with 143 points.
Five different Goucher student-athletes scored at the meet held on Goucher College's campus. Sophomore Ryan Floyd (Bel Air, MD) and freshman Ogemdi Chukwu (Paris, France) notched first-place finishes on the day.
Goucher's Top Performances:
- Chukwu ran a time of 15.55 in the 110m hurdles, taking home gold in the event and earning 10 points for Goucher. His time also broke the Goucher College record previously held by teammate Miles Taylor (Bowie, MD) (15.93).
- Floyd placed first in the long jump with a distance of 6.52m, earning the Gophers 10 points. His mark is second-best in Goucher history.
- Freshman Jason Higginbotham (Brunswick, ME) finished third in the 10,000m run with a time of 38:15.92, collecting six points.
- Freshman JaVaunte Neumann (Revloc, PA) took fourth in the 800m run with a time of 2:07.25, earning the Gophers five points.
- Junior captain, Kyle Kihn (Boulder, CO), added a seventh place finish with a distance of 10.47m in the triple jump.
- Freshman Darby Bauer (Perkiomenville, PA) took ninth in the javelin throw with a distance of 38.68 meters.
The Gophers travel to Fredericksburg, VA next Friday to attend the Battleground Relays held at Mary Washington.