Women's basketball head coach Andrea Preston finished her third season as the women's basketball head coach at Goucher College. Each year, her team has continued to improve each campaign. Her first recruiting class at Goucher includes 2018-19 Landmark Conference Anise Williams and Alayna McFadden. The duo has ranked in the Top-10 in scoring in each of their first two season and both have scored over 700 points in two years. Williams has led the conference in steals in both seasons and ranked nationally including sitting in the Top-10 in both steals and steals per game in 2019-29. Preston, who spearheaded the NCAA Diversity and Inclusion campaign in the fall, was also appoined as an Associate Athletic Director and Senior Women's Administrator in December 2019.
Getting to Know You…
- Where's the next place on your travel bucket list and why?
Norway, have always wanted to go there
- What was the last show you binge-watched?
- Do you have a favorite holiday? Why or why not?
Thanksgiving – grateful for the time spent with family and the food of course
- What song always gets you on the dance floor?
- Do you hit the snooze button or wake up immediately?
I wake up before the alarm ready to go
- When making a PB&J sandwich, do you put on the peanut butter of jelly first?
- What can you eat for a week straight?
- Who plays the best James Bond?
- Who plays the best Batman?
- Does pineapple belong on pizza?
- What makes Division III special?
DIII is special because it represents balance, you can be a serious athlete and a serious student and you're surrounded by people who genuinely want you to succeed.
- How did you get into (job title)?
I always knew I wanted to work in sports and had an opportunity right after graduation to become an assistant at the college level. As soon as I got there and got started I knew it was what I wanted to do for a career.
- What is the best advice you can give student-athletes?
Very cliché, enjoy every moment, the ups and downs and everything in between. Support your teammates from other sports and get involved in campus activities outside of athletics!
This or That…
- Morning, noon, or night? Morning
- Burgers or tacos? Tacos
- Pool or ocean? Ocean
- Marvel or DC? Neither
- Star Wars or Star Trek? Neither