TOWSON, Md. — Goucher opened up Landmark action in a big way this afternoon as the team earned a 14-4 conference win over the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy.
- Jojo Franklin (Denver, Colo./Kent Denver School) scored her first of three goals on the day with 26:52 remaining in the opening half. Merchant Marine the game up at one a piece with an unassisted goal from Meredith Willard.
- Goucher then struck for three straight goals, breaking the 1-1 tie and extending the lead to three with 11:57 left in the first.
- The Gophers (5-4) notched five goals to close out the first half, two coming from Sophie Smith (Lawrenceville, N.J./Madison), with a 9-3 advantage.
- Ceri Miller's squad held the Mariners (2-1, 0-1 Landmark) to only one goal in the second half. They tallied 15 caused turnovers in the 60 minutes of action. On the offensive side, Kathrina DeMaio (Livingston, N.J./Mount Saint Dominic Academy) scored two of the team's final five goals of the contest.
- Megan Meluskey (Wilmington, Del./Concord), Jessica Borucki (Westminster, Md./North Carroll) and Smith added two goals each for the Gophers in the win.
- Franklin has now notched more than three goals in three of the nine games on the season. She leads the team with 23 goals scored.
Goucher welcomes Notre Dame (Md.) to Beldon Field on Wednesday. The opening draw is set for 4:30 p.m.