TOWSON, Md. — Goucher had no trouble with Moravian this afternoon as Ceri Miller's squad earned the 14-9 victory which pushed them above the .500 mark on the season.
- Defense dominated early and often as Stefi Perry (Houston, Texas/Klein) forced four caused turnovers within the first six minutes of the contest. That performance set the tone the rest of the way for the Gophers (7-6) as the team finished with 15 caused turnovers, tied for the most in their 2016 campaign.
- Goucher found the back of the net four times before Moravian pushed one past the Gophers' keeper. During this stretch, Jessica Borucki (Westminster, Md./North Carroll) notched a goal and an assist while Rachel Grosso (Haworth, N.J./Northern Valley Regional) picked up her third goal of the season.
- After Kathrina DeMaio (Livingston, N.J./Mount Saint Dominic Academy) extended the home team's lead to four, the Greyhounds (6-6) answered back, scoring two of the next three goals. Goucher held a 6-3 lead at the break.
- The Gophers broke the game open in the second as they tallied three goals within the first 11 minutes of the final half.
- Sophie Smith (Lawrenceville, N.J./Madison) and Jojo Franklin (Denver, Colo./Kent Denver School) led scoring as they had three goals a piece. Dani McCreary (Upper Marlboro, Md./Bishop McNamara), Borucki and Grosso contributed two each in the win.
- In her 50 minutes of action, Bridget Den Boer (Sparta, N.J./Sparta) registered seven saves. The defense played a major role in Den Boer's success as it limited the Greyhounds to 15 shots while she was in goal.
Goucher travels to the nation's capital on Wednesday for a matchup with Catholic, who is sitting at the top of the Landmark Conference. The opening draw is set for 5 p.m.