Baltimore, MD – The Goucher Women's Swimming Team hosted its first home meet of the 2017-18 season on Saturday when it met Landmark Conference opponents the University of Scranton and Juniata College. The Gophers were taken down by the Royals of Scranton University, 165-90 but were victorious over the Eagles of Juniata College by a score of 174-63. With the split of the tri-meet format, the Gophers record remains at .500 with three wins and three losses.
Here's how it happened:
· Taking 2nd place with the fastest 200 Medley Relay this season were Katie Shannon (Thousand Oaks, Ca.),
· The women's 1000 Free continues to be a strong suit for the Gophers a strong as they received a first and second place finish from co-captain Alexis Regopoulos (Fitchburg, Ma.) in a time of 11:23.04 and from Katie Shannon in a time of 11:51.70
· Regopoulos was again the fastest swimmer in the 200 Free with a time of 2:05.27
· Jackson was fast enough for 2nd in the 100 Breaststroke with a time of 1:16.64
· Co-Captain, Cadwallader took 2nd in the 50 Free in 26.26 followed by teammate Ila Jackson who grabbed 3rd in a time of 26.68
· Leszewski finished 2nd in the 200 Backstroke with a time of 2:26.54.
· Cadwallader continued her strong performance for the day by taking 1stplace in the 200 Breaststroke with 2:43.88.
· Liszewski paced her way to a 3rd place finish in the 500 Free in a time of 6:09.13
· Jackson swam the 200 IM in a time of 2:28.34, good enough for a 2nd place for the Gophers
· In the 400 Freestyle Relay, the Gophers raced to the wall and finished in 2nd place (Cadwallader, Camilla Civiello (North Yarmouth, Me.), Maddie Chism (Erie, Co.) and Regopoulos) in a time of 4:03.73
University of Scranton 176.00-58.00 Juniata College
University of Scranton 165.00 -90.00 Goucher College
Goucher College 174.00-63.00 Juniata College