SANLANDO, Fla. – Goucher College lost a match against SUNY New Paltz in non-conference women's tennis action on Wednesday.
Madile Mpofu (Harare, Zimbabwe/Arundel School) won a three-set thriller in come-from-behind fashion. Mpofu lost the first set 7-5, but then won the second set 6-2 and the third set 10-1 at No. 2 singles.
Anais Gill (Cambridge, England/Hills Road Sixth Form College) fell at No. 1 singles 7-6, 6-1, Haddie Hill (San Antonio, Texas/The Episcopal School of Texas) dropped a 6-1, 6-3 match at No. 3 singles while Tes DeJaeger (Norwalk, Conn./Brien McMahon) lost 6-4, 6-3. Katie Marzerka (Wolfeboro, N.JH./Kingswood Regional) fell 6-0, 6-2 at No. 5 singles and Morgan Hartman (Woodstock, Vt./Woodstock Union) lost 6-1, 6-4 at No. 6 singles.
Gill and Mpofu lost at No. 1 doubles 8-1, Hill and DeJaeger fell 8-4 at No. 2 doubles while Kyoko Kinoshita (Tokyo, Japan/Tilton School [N.H.]) and Ali Gorson-Morrow (Broomall, Pa./Barrack Hebrew Academy) dropped an 8-4 decision at No. 3 doubles.
Goucher returns to action at home against Ursinus on Saturday. Match time is 12 p.m.
1. (NP) Trinity Chow/Laura Koob defeats (GC) Anais Gill/Mandile Mpofu, 8-1
2. (NP) Victoria Zezula/Lindsay Haley defeats (GC) Haddie Hill/Tes DeJaeger, 8-4
3. (NP) Courtney Koran/Emma Messenger defeats (GC) Kyoko Kinoshita/Ali Gorson-Morrow, 8-4
1. (NP) Trinity Chow defeats (GC) Anais Gill, 7-6, 6-4
2. (GC) Mandile Mpofu defeats (NP) Victoria Zezula, 5-7, 6-2, 10-1
3. (NP) Jenna Grandville defeats (GC) Haddie Hill, 6-1, 6-3
4. (NP) Courtney Koran defeats (GC) Tes DeJaeger, 6-4, 6-3
5. (NP) Lindsay Haley defeats (GC) Katie Marzerka, 6-0, 6-2
6. (NP) Maddy Bourne defeats (GC) Morgan Hartman, 6-1, 6-4