Katie Marzerka is a senior on the Goucher women's tennis team and posted a 26-15 record in her collegiate singles career. She went 2-2 in the fall and teamed with Kyoko Kinoshita to go 4-0 at the Goucher Invitational. Marzerka went 10-6 last season to help the Gophers reach the Landmark Conference postseason for the first time since the 2013 campaign.
Getting to Know You…
- Where's the next place on your travel bucket list and why?
France because that was my intended study abroad country but unfortunately the trip was cancelled
- What was the last show you binge-watched?
Love is Blind
- Do you have a favorite holiday? Why or why not?
Halloween, because of the candy, carving pumpkins, and the costumes
- Do you hit the snooze button or wake up immediately?
- When making a PB&J sandwich, do you put on the peanut butter of jelly first?
- If you could own a mythical creature (unicorn, phoenix, etc.), which one would you pick? A unicorn
- What can you eat for a week straight?
- Favorite superhero/heroine and why?
Spiderman, because it's a cool concept and I like how Peter Parker is just a regular guy by day
- Does pineapple belong on pizza?
- Why did you decide to attend (school)?
I decided to attend Goucher because it had a very inviting campus and community, and I thought that I would learn best in small classes.
- What makes being a Division III student-athlete special?
You can really devote yourself to academics and athletics without sacrificing one or the other, and it teaches you how to manage and prioritize your time really well.
- What is the best advice you can give another athlete?
Don't take a moment of playing your sport in college for granted, because it'll be over before you know it.
This or That…
- Morning, noon, or night? Noon
- Burgers or tacos? Tacos
- Pool or ocean? Pool
- Star Wars or Star Trek? Star Wars