CARLISLE, PA – Plenty of new faces made a huge impact for the Goucher women's indoor track & field team at the Ducharme Invitational at Dickinson College Saturday afternoon.
Sophomore Lexi Stewart had the highest finish on the day for the Gophers during her season debut with a second place finish in the 200-meter dash (28.45).
Goucher's Top Performers:
- In addition to Stewart's second place finish in the 200-meter dash, she placed seventh in the 55-meter dash (7.66) and 10th in the long jump (4.62m).
- Freshman Natalie Kent finished fifth in the shot put with a throw of 11.14 meters. Her performance ranks second all-time at Goucher and currently seeds her third in the Landmark Conference.
- Fellow freshman Taylor Gunter also put in a solid performance for the Gophers in the shot put, throwing 10.32 meters. Her performance ranks her fourth overall in the Landmark Conference.
- Sophomore Maya Belin took sixth in the 55-meter dash with a time of 7.58, ranking 6th all-time in Goucher history in her season debut.
- The relay of Stewart along with first year performers Anna Gallina, Victoria Wheeler and Michell Wolinsky placed fifth in the 4x200 with a time of 1:56.34. The time turned in by the relay team marks fifth best in Goucher history.
- "We were looking for some major breakthroughs after being back in action for three to four weeks since break."
- "We had some outstanding performances out of a very young team with some people competing for the first time this season. This sets us up nicely heading into Susquehanna next weekend, and we are looking forward to heading into the Landmark Conference Championships."
Next weekend the Gophers travel to Susquehanna before returning to the same venue to take on the Landmark Conference Championships on February 25th.