SELINSGROVE, PA – The Goucher College women's track & field team competed at the Susquehanna University Invite on Saturday.
Goucher's Top Performances:
- Sophomore Lexi Stewart continued to impress in only her second meet for the Gophers, posting the eighth best long jump performance in Goucher history with a jump of 4.77 meters. She followed that up with a 6th place finish in the 200-meter dash (27.52). That mark earned her the 9th best time in Goucher history.
- First year Anna Gallina posted a time of 1:07.38 in the 400-meter dash, placing 16th overall in the event.
- Senior Laura Williams took 9th in the 60m hurdles with a time of 10.41.
- The 4x200 relay of Gallina, Stewart, Williams and first year Victoria Wheeler, took 8th place with a time of 1:57.36.
- Senior Becca Kotula tied the 7th best height in Goucher pole vault history with a mark of 2.45 meters.
"The Gophers had a good day getting ready for next weeks conference championships. Many personal bests on both the men and women teams. While this may the youngest Goucher track & field team ever, they continue to work hard and believe in each other. If we can get healthy this week, we should have great results next weekend."
The Gophers are off during the week, but return to Susquehanna next weekend for the Landmark Conference indoor track & field championships.