SELINSGROVE, PA – The Goucher College women's track & field team placed fifth overall at the Landmark Conference Indoor Track & Field Championships on Saturday.
Sophomore Lexi Stewart led the team, setting a new school record in the 200 meter dash with a time of 26.82, earning Goucher 4 points in the event, finishing fourth overall.
Goucher's Top Performers:
- In addition to taking fourth in the 200, Stewart posted a time of 8.12 in the 60-meter dash, earning a second place finish and jumped 4.58m for fifth place in the long jump.
- Sophomore Maya Belin placed fourth in the 60-meter dash (8.20).
- Senior Laura Williams placed 6th in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 10.41 in the finals heat.
- The 4x200 relay of Stewart, Anna Gallina, Laura Williams and Michelle Wolisky finished third with a season-best time of 1:54.00.
- First years Natalie Kent and Taylor Gunter finished fourth and fifth in the shot put, respectively, with throws of 10.67m and 10.65m.
- Gunter also added a sixth place finish in the weight throw (12.15m).
"We grew up today. The women went out there had some great performances for us. This was our midterm for the season, and I believe we passed. We'll continue to progress and I look forward to the outdoor season."
The women's track & field team trains over the next couple weeks before transitioning to the outdoor season on March 18th when they travel to the University of Mary Washington College Meet.