TOWSON, MD – The Goucher College women's track & field team took fourth place at the 16th Annual Goucher Track & Field Classic in Towson, MD on Saturday.
The Gophers scored 65 points in their only home meet of the season, placing fourth of 10 teams at the meet. Stevenson came home with the win on Saturday with 171 points, barely edging Baldwin Wallace (167 pts).
Seven different Gophers scored in the meet on the women's side, with sophomore Lexi Stewart (Laurel, MD) leading the way with 12 points on the day.
Goucher's Top Performances:
- Stewart finished fifth in the 100m dash (13.02), 200m dash (26.75) and long jump (5.19m). Both outings in the 200m dash and long jump are personal bests for the sophomore. Her mark in the long jump is also fifth-best in Goucher history.
- Senior Laura Williams (Verona, NJ) placed fifth in the 100m hurdles (17.07), fourth in the high jump (1.42m) and 10th in the long jump (4.59m). Her performance in the high jump, ties her personal best she set during her sophomore campaign. It is also the sixth-best in Goucher history.
- First-year Gabrielle Blazek (New Orleans, LA) earned eight points in one fell swoop, placing second in the pole vault with a 2.74m performance.
- Sophomore Hannah Brogan (Chatham, NJ) earned 12 points for the Gophers, placing fifth in the 3,000m run (14:12.20) and second in the 3,000m steeplechase (14:28.71).
- Senior Jonelle Palmer (Nashville, TN) set a personal best in the 3,000m run (13:18.93), surpassing her previous best of 13:40.83.
- Senior Becca Kotula (Fallston, MD) took home fourth place and five points by reaching a height of 2.43m in the pole vault.
- First-year thrower Natalie Kent (Media, PA) placed fifth in the discus (35.80m) and eighth in the shot put (10.94m) to seal five points for the Gophers. Her mark in the discus shattered the previous school record.
The Gophers travel to the Battleground Relays at Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, VA next Friday for the two-day event.