TOWSON, Md. - The Goucher College Men's Lacrosse team (1-0, Landmark 0-0) defeated Hood College Sunday afternoon on Beldon Field 10-5.
How It Happened:
- Sophmore attackman Zephan Harnish (Woodsboro, Md.) led the Gophers with a hat-trick, an assist, two ground balls and two caused turnovers. The three-goal performance for Harnish was the best in a game for his career.
- Senior midfielder Pierce Bailey (Miami, Fla.) had two goals, three ground balls, and a caused turnover.
- Junior midfielder Mason Gorman (Boise, Idaho) also had two goals and two ground balls.
- Senior attackman Tucker Corrigan (Avon, Conn.) scored the first goal of his career in the contest.
- Defensively, Goucher's man down held the Blazers to only one goal, despite having been one man down on eight separate occasions.
- In cage for the Gophers, senior Matt Messerle (Limerick, Pa.) had 12 saves of the 17 shots he faced.
- On the carpet, Goucher out-ground-balled Hood, 31-22.
The Gophers return to play quickly, as they face No. 14 Gettysburg College Wednesday afternoon on Beldon Field at 4 p.m.