Posted: Sep 19, 2019
Goucher at Loyola Men's Tennis Invitational
Friday, September 20, 2019, 2 p.m. | Saturday-Sunday, September 21-22, 2019, 9 a.m.
McClure Tennis Center/Baltimore, Md.
- Goucher will open the season as the only NCAA Division III team in a four-team field with NCAA Division I teams Loyola, Morgan State and Mount St. Mary's
- The teams will play an eight-game pro-set doubles match, and the individuals will then face each other in best-of-three formats with the third set played as a super-tiebreaker
- The tenative schedule features the pairing of Tetsuya Ota and Omosesan Adebamgbe, Michael Herman and Frankie Mullinix and Brian Kane with a Loyola player
- Goucher is the four-time defending Landmark Conference Tournament champion
- The squad returns all but two players that graduated from last year's team including Landmark Conference Player of the Year and first-team honoree Tetsuya Ota along with Slade Dumas (all-conference second team) and Dumas and Omosesan Adebamgbe (all-conference second team) for doubles
- Akash Gandhi is the lone newcomer on the team
- Goucher will not play a home match in the fall, but will look forward to opening The Evelyn Dyke Schroedl '62 Tennis Center in the spring
- The Gophers conclude the fall at the ITA South Atlantic Regional Tournament on Oct. 3-6