Erick Camodeca returned to his alma mater in January to take over the cross country and track and field programs. Camodeca graduated from Goucher in 2006 and was one of the first graduate assistance at Goucher College. He also was the head coach at York College (Pa.), Stevenson and an Associate Head Coach at Eastern Mennonite University before returning to Gopher Nation.
Getting to Know You…
- Where's the next place on your travel bucket list and why? Currently anywhere other than my house, Long Term – Haiti
- What was the last show you binge-watched? Tiger King
- Do you have a favorite holiday? Why or why not? Not really, each one is special in their own way
- What song always gets you on the dance floor? Any Baltimore Club Song
- Do you hit the snooze button or wake up immediately? Wake Up
- When making a PB&J sandwich, do you put on the peanut butter of jelly first? Peanut Butter
- What can you eat for a week straight? Chipotle
- Who plays the best James Bond? Never really watched any of them
- Who plays the best Batman? Tough One! Michael Keaton v. Christian Bale – Michael Keaton
- Does pineapple belong on pizza? To each their own
What makes Division III special?
Relationships with Coaches, Teammates, Professors, Administration. I always felt the commitment to personal development and growth.
How did you get into (job title)?
Started out as a GA, I am a lifer
What is the best advice you can give student-athletes?
Do what makes you happy, but understand there is sacrifice involved and you cannot do it all.
This or That…
- Morning, noon, or night? Noon
- Burgers or tacos? Tacos
- Pool or ocean? Ocean
- Marvel or DC? DC
- Star Wars or Star Trek? Star Wars
Here is the schedule for the release for the Question and Answers on athletics.goucher.edu and on the athletic social media sites. The two released on Thursday will also be posted on the Landmark Conference website and social media too:
Monday, April 13 - Gabi Umstead, Women's Lacrosse
Tuesday, April 14 - Erick Camodeca, Track and Field/Anna Gallina, Track and Field
Wednesday, April 15 – Katie Marzerka, Women's Tennis/Brian Kane, Men's Tennis
Thursday, April 16 - Zach LaFaver, Men's Soccer/Andrea Preston, Women's Basketball
Friday, April 17 – Emily Sorrells, Volleyball
Saturday, April 18 – Stephanie Ricketts, Women's Soccer/Lily Shaffer, Women's Soccer
Sunday, April 19 – Josh Lichti, Men's Basketball