ELIZABETHTOWN, Pa. - The Goucher College men's lacrosse team (6-5, 1-1 Landmark) fell to the Elizabethtown in overtime, 9-8, Saturday afternoon in Landmark Conference action.
How It Happened:
- The Blue Jays netted the first goal 9:34 into play, from Andrew Watts.
- Sophomore midfielder Andrew Sade (Lewisberry, Pa.) got the Gophers on the board in the second period, making the score 2-1.
- Elizabethtown went on a four-goal run into the third quarter, leaving the score at 6-1.
- Sophomore attackman Matt Woodson (Timonium, Md.) broke Goucher's silence scoring two goals within the span of 45 seconds.
- Senior midfielder Pierce Bailey (Miami, Fla.) found twine before the end of the third, closing in the on the Blue Jays, 6-4.
- Elizabethtown's Mike DiGenova scored a goal two minutes into the fourth quarter, but, Goucher came back quickly, scoring three goals within two minutes.
- The goals came from junior Zephan Harnish (Woodsboro, Md.), senior Tucker Corrigan (Avon, Conn.) and junior Grant Lasorda (Collegeville, Pa.), tying Elizabethtown, 7-7.
- Junior attackman Mason Gorman (Boise, Idaho) gave Goucher its first lead of the game at 8-7, scoring with 5:33 left in the fourth quarter.
- The Blue Jays answered with another goal from Watts. Goucher missed two shots as time expired, sending the competition into overtime.
- Elizabethtown's Mike Scrafano scored the overtime goal for the Blue Jays.
- Defensively for the Gophers, senior goalkeeper Matt Messerle (Limerick, Pa.) finished the game with nine saves and senior defenseman Corey Hill (Emmaus, Pa.) had three caused turnovers and a ground ball.
Goucher has a bye week and their next game is on April 10th, at Immaculata College at 4 p.m.