Baltimore, MD – The Goucher Men's Swimming Team hosted its first home meet of the 2017-18 season on Saturday when it met Landmark Conference opponents the University of Scranton and Juniata College. The Gophers were taken down by the Royals of Scranton University, 184-61 but were victorious over the Eagles of Juniata College by a score of 162-10. With the split of the tri-meet format, the Gophers record is now 1-4.
Here's how it happened:
· Taking 3rd place in the Men's 200 Medley Relay in a time of 1:51.61 were Andrew Rowland (Wilton, Ct.), Troy Thompson (Nashville, Tn.), Jerel McCord (Ft. Wayne, In.), and Drew Ackerman (North Brunswick, N.J.).
· Co-Captain Ian Furst (North Reading, Ma.) took 1st place followed by McCord in 2nd in the 1000 Freestyle with times of 11:07.62 and 11:26.10respectively.
· Eli Gang (Highland Park, N.J.) earned a 3rd place finish in the 200 Freestyle in a time of 2:03.89
· Teammates Jacy MacConvery (Lilburn, Ga.) and McCord were narrowly touched out in the 200 Butterfly and took home 2nd and 3rd place finishes in times of 2:11.25 and 2:15.59 respectively.
· Co-Captain Andrew Rowland was taken 3rdplace in the 50 Freestyle in a time of 24.83
· Furst came to the wall as the runner-up in the 200 Backstroke with a time of 2:19.57
· MacConvery grabbed another 2ndplace on the day when he finished 2nd in the 200 Breaststroke in a time of 2:36.23
· Earning himself another top performance by placing 3rdin the 500 Freestyle was Ian Furst with a time of 5:32.81
· MacConvery added a 3rd place finish to go with his two second-place finished in the 200 IM when he finished in a time of 2:25.96
· Teammates Gang, Duncan Miller (Mount Airy, Ga.), Ackerman, Furst finished off the meet with a 3rd place finish in the 400 Freestyle Relay with a time of 3:55.78.
Men' Team Results:
University of Scranton 193.00-8.00 Juniata College
University of Scranton 184.00-61.00 Goucher College
Goucher College 162.00-10.00 Juniata College