TOWSON, Md. – The Goucher Women's lacrosse program honored their three seniors on Beldon Field this afternoon.
Attacker Molly Brenton (Lancaster, Pa.) was a two-sport athlete, she was also a member of the swim team. Over the past three seasons she played in 30 games, starting 14 times. She finished her career with three goals, two assists and 17 ground balls.
Defender Rachel Kieffer (Granada Hills, Ca.) joined the team in March, playing in nine games and starting in seven of them. She was also a two-sport, having swam with Brenton on the swim team.
Goalkeeper Bridget Den Boer (Sparta, N.J.), a three-year starter, is one of the most accomplished goalies in program history with 569 saves. She currently leads NCAA Division III in saves in 2018 with 248. Den Boer was also selected as a member of the 2016 All-Landmark Conference Second Team.
The Gophers fell to the Drew University Rangers (9-6, Landmark 3-3), 21-10.
How It Happened:
- Drew found the back of the net first, scoring two goals within the first three minutes of regulation.
- Goucher retaliated quickly by going on a five goal run, making the score 5-2.
- Drew would go on to out-score Goucher 10-2 over the next 18 minutes of play.
- Sophomore midfielder Shannon Stull (Westminster, Md.) led the Gophers in points, scoring five goals. She also collected one ground ball and had three caused turnovers.
- First-year midfielder Camryn Agostino (South Setauket, N.Y.) tied her career game-high of two goals.
- First-year midfielder Soleil Gagne (Portsmouth, N.H.) tallied two goals, two ground balls and four caused turnovers.
- Goucher was 7-10 in free position shots.
Goucher travels to Moravian next Saturday for their last Landmark Conference game of the season. Play gets underway at 1 pm.